Tuesday 21 May 2013


Origins of Good and Evil


Today we studied the first three chapters of Genesis, which explain the Christian understanding of HOW evil came into the world.
When I first heard these stories, I thought that God was very powerful and ashamed of what Adam and Eve had done.
We then created Wordles to see how the language changed in each chapter.
In the Wordle for chapter 1, the main words and ideas were the, and, God and was.
In the Wordle for chapter 2, the main words and ideas were God, man and lord.
In the Wordle for chapter 3, the main words and ideas were God, lord and eat.
In each Wordle God was a big word therefore was mentioned many times in each chapter and man, eat and Lord were smaller therefore were mentioned less in each chapter.
I think this means that God is always focused on in the bible than many other things.
I think the word temptation means we think about doing something we know is bad, but we do it anyway.
If I had to connect temptation with good and evil, I would say
Studying Genesis has helped in my journey to discover good and evil by explaining the difference between good and evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment